Thursday, June 27, 2013

The lone wolf

Just another sleepless night and the start of a new day,
But I must venture the land with fright and go further into the fray,
Though I may put up a fight I still feel the need to pray,
That by the end of the night I won't be digging my own grave.

I run with much haste while gasping for air,
With the wind in my face and the snow in my hair,
I leave no trace for the ones who play unfair,
So I could avoid a chase and not have to care.

The night has fallen upon me the light shrouded by dark,
I must open my senses widely to watch out for those who lurk,
My instincts tell me stop for something isn't right
That something bigger than I is also hunting in the night.

Instead I wait as patiently as possible,
As the beast that is hunting is certainly colossal.
I sit upon the cliff  alone and without a clan,
As I howl into the moonlight like the lone courageous wolf I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment